JellyPages.com

Monday, April 13, 2015

Reader's Choice Blog Post 13

I chose the novel Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake for my reader's choice presentation. The gap I'm filling with my presentation is paranormal romance. The essential question this story answers is "How does the work conform to genre expectations? Does it bring anything new to the genre?". The novel is a young adult horror but it also includes paranormal romance which we didn't see much of in the horror stories we read in class. It conforms to the genre because it contains the suspense, mystery, and creepy atmosphere that horror stories are expected to have.

2 comments:

  1. Another of my favorites! Paranormal romance is the biggest category on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it! you see it so much on TV but so little in written work, I think there would be more of it, but unless you get into the old school stuff you dont find much on it. The Entity is a good old school movie to watch, and I do believe it was based on a true story.

    ReplyDelete